dressed up just because

October 23, 2014

CLOVER CANYON Sequin Print Dress, ERICKSON BEAMON Earrings, and KOTUR iPhone Minaudiere via RENT THE RUNWAY ($25 OFF your 1st order or $20 OFF $75+ with code TREAT2014) c/o, RAY-BAN Sunglasses, ANDREW MARC Perforated Moto Jacket c/o, BCBG Booties, ESSIE "Fifth Ave" Nail Polish

PHOTOGRAPHY: SAMANTHA of STYLE OF SAM 

Have you ever been to 14 weddings in one calendar year? Oh, word? You must live in the South like me. Seeing the same people in rotation almost monthly is the best excuse to buy a closet full of cocktail dresses, but then there's the issue of buying a closet full of cocktail dresses when you've already spent your money on waffle irons and steak knives. Luckily around this matrimonial time a few years ago, I was introduced by a friend to RENT THE RUNWAY. Not to toot my own horn (tooooot) but I ended up being the best dressed guest all the way from Virginia to Alabama, y'all. 
    The experience couldn't have been easier or more fun, and I've been a devoted RENT THE RUNWAY customer ever since. You can't help but feel like a diva when Cushnie et Ochs dresses and Oscar de la Renta Jewelry are waiting for you at your hotel. My kinda #roomservice.
The best part? Not only do you get a FREE backup size, but for only $32 you can pick a second look! Perfect for the rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch. Oh, and instead of "champagne struggling" to pack before you leave- simply stick everything in the prepaid envelope RTR includes and drop it in a mailbox. No dry cleaning, no steaming, no problem. It seems too good to be true- but somehow...it is the truth (click here if you don't believe me).

However, you don't have to be on a red carpet or standing at an alter to find an excuse to wear a head to toe designer ensemble. I've worn over $20,000 in dresses and accessories for everything from barbeques to golf tournaments at less than 15% retail. RTR has been adding straight-from-the-runway jewelry, handbags, and accessories if you're just looking to add statement earrings and a moto jacket to your new jeans.









I spent this past weekend in Dallas with my mom and visited friends with no grandiose plans. Just a couple of dinners and drinks but I felt like being a little more snazzy than usual so I wore this CLOVER CANYON dress and this MARCO BOLOGNA shift. I got a ton of compliments and it was so fun to wear something new "just because..."

5 comments: