Exactamundo

June 24, 2011

A few months ago I did a post  called "Matchy Matchy" where chronicled my search for exactly matching separates. I found a vintage outfit that my mom said reminded her of her wedding trousseau. Okay, well here's to hoping that she had good taste in the late 70's. Long story short (no pun intended) I chopped it, but have yet to hem it. (mom- I promise I'll get it done this week)

As usual, my pursuit could not end with this one example. I had to keep looking for MORE, MORE, MORE! I mean, this outfit is cute, but I'm not doing a round off back handspring over it. So I stuck with Etsy's vintage shops since matching clothing hasn't had that recent of a go around. I found what I was looking for. And what I was looking for also led me to the realization that I have spent the last 25 years NOT knowing who Diane Freis is!!!( picture me sitting in front of my computer smacking myself on the forehead) I will cut myself a little slack because apparently her designs were super pop in the 80's when I was still a child- but I feel like I missed the boat on a potential wardrobe that would've been right up my alley. All of her clothing is colorful with mixed prints, ruffles, and tassels coming out the wazoo. Ugh, where have I been?? I thought I was cool!! I guess this another one of the universe's reminders that I am in fact- not. Ah, nuts. Anyway, as of three months ago when I started on this coordinating adventure, my efforts to find all things Diane Freis have snowballed and I am now left with a wish list a mile long of her vintage ensembles, dresses, and tops. I'M INFATUATED. Okay, get ready to scroll.....



this is thebomb.com
!!!!!!!!
My collection starts....NOW.

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?"  -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment