Tchotchke

August 8, 2011

One of the things I tweet about on Twitter is #thelittlethings, with a picture of something simple that makes me shrug and smile. Our bedroom has a "Honey-do" list a mile long of all the projects we have in store for it, but until Bob Vila shows up to help my a$$ out- I added a few things here and there that didn't require a sledge hammer and 8 coats of lacquer.  
My night stand: Baby sea urchin votive holder, trellis print picture frame ($4 at Wal-Mart!), and mint green coral figure with a lucite base.
Hubbies night stand: DIY fabric picture frame, ceramic love birds Alex gave me for my birthday in 2007 (only a week after we started dating- mwahahahahaaa), and coral/marine life catch all.
The southern belles are infiltrating my mind. Got my bedding monogrammed, y'all.
Double stacked sea urchin table lamp.
NICOLE MILLER silver flecked mint green toothbrush holder that would make a cute vase for short cut hot pink Peonies or white Gardenia (from the random bush growing next to our tool shed!) It perfectly matches the minty coral next to my bed.
DIY Sunburst Mirror made with instructions from P.S. I Made This.
All materials were less than $30 and it only took about 20 minutes! For real, for real.

"The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress." - Charles F. Kettering

1 comment:

  1. do you HATE keeping the mirrored end tables clean yet? and I wanna make that sunburst mirror, where'd you get the fun center piece?

    ReplyDelete