#nyfw Ready to Wear A-Z

September 16, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year, it's the hap-happiest season of all.
Everyone seems to love fall. Me too. Because in the fall- designers debut their SPRING collections. I have always thought that the people who highly anticipate the September issues- have issues. Clearly, I'm insulting anyone who's reading this by saying that (because most girls love Sept. Vogue more than their teacup Yorkies) but seriously y'all- if you can't scroll through this post and agree that this is some of the prettiest freaking $%&! you've ever seen then you're nucking futs. I wish I understood the the leather straight jacket and greasy hair, paired with pants made out of pipe cleaners and rubber cement look, but I don't. 
Someone explain this to me!
I like wacky, but I can't do ugly. My heart pounds only for pretty. And you can bet your hot cross buns that these collections almost put me into cardiac arrest. I have combed through every single RTW show I could find and these are all of my favorite fashion week picks. Sweet Jeezus, I LUH-HUH-HUV being a girl. 
ADAM
ALICE & OLIVIA
Fun, Mod-Retro looks at a tacky Garden Party.
ALTUZARRA
Aloha Hawai'i
 BADGLEY MISCHKA
Flowy, Fitted, Flattering, Feminine FANTASTICNESS.
BCBG
 CARLOS MIELE
Fashion for cougars.
 CARMEN MARC VOLVO
Black & White done so right.
CHRIS BENZ
Totally wearable quirky fun.
 CYNTHIA ROWLEY
Tailored prints.
 CHADO RALPH  RUCCI
Eye commanding textures and shapes.
CHARLOTTE RONSON
Dainty Drop-Waistedness
ALEXANDRE HERCHCOVITCH
Busy Silk
DEREK LAM
Nauti Girl
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
I would eat this for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. Ya know?
DONNA KARAN
Sexy Safari.
ELIE TAHARI
Simple with details, details, details.
HERVE LEGER by MAX AZRIA
Embellished Body-Con
JILL STUART
Softer than a baby's bottom
J MENDEL
Criss Cross a make ya jump jump
JENNY PACKHAM
JUST.SO.WODERFUL 
JASON WU
Fit 'n Flare with AWFUL hair.
L.A.M.B.
Love (angel music baby) these two looks
LELA ROSE
One of my favorite shows. Perfect fabrics, cuts, and patterns.
LUCA LUCA
I lova lova it.
MARC JACOBS
Simple & Easy
MARCHESA
You know,if you need something to throw on to go grocery shopping. 
MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow.
NANETTE LEPORE
NICOLE MILLER
My most favorite collection of hers in a long time. So blanking cool.
OSCAR DE LA RENTA
There really are no words, people.
PETER SOM
Bravo, Petey!
PRABAL GURUNG
Jaw-dropping, phenomoal, holy shit cakes on Rye Bread.
PREEN
SeriouSLy, how pretty pretty?
RACHEL ZOE
"I die" for this dress. Except..I don't, because I hate when people say that. But it's really wonderful.
SOPHIE THEALLET
TADASHI SHOJI
Reminds me of garden fairies. You know...garden fairies? duh.
TORY BURCH
Glammed up prep.
TRACY REESE
Reminds me of the Mary Poppins Park Scene.
VERA WANG
Super unexpected and so mesmerizing.
VIVIENNE TAM
ZAC POSEN
Va va voom. How gorgeous?
ZERO + MARIA CARNEJO
Seemingly smeared tribal prints. Coolio.
3.1 PHILLIP LIM
Mmmm Sherbert.
Sigh. That was intense.

"I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow."-Woodrow Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment