The tide is high

September 7, 2011

I attended a wedding this past weekend (my 13th since last May!) and as usual rented a dress from Rent The Runway. Still grateful to my friend Amanda for introducing me last summer, I've been a loyal customer for over a year now.I'm actually glad I had an event worthy of a rental because I'd been eyeing this Twelfth Street Cynthia Vincent one for a couple months. I've never ever had a RTR dress not fit perfectly, but this one was about 6" too short. Not to mention I wore 5" heels. If you don't know me I'm 5'9 3/4" which means I rocked this thang at a ridiculous 6' 3". But I liked it so much that I didn't want to send it back so I pinned up the front to create a faux rise and fall hem. Problem solved. I usually only wear the dress for the occasion I rented it for, but this one was so versatile that I wore it the whole weekend.   
Has anyone ever looked cooler waiting for a flood?
J. CREW Jacket & FOREVER 21 Heels
Vintage Belt, FOREVER 21 Heels & Bag
The best combo was paired with my favorite fringe jacket:
RARE Fringe Jacket, MERONA Boots


"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment