MET BALL

May 3, 2011

Last year's MET Ball had a handful of stunners that I still think of often. For instance, Leighton Meester in Louis Vuitton- one of my favorite red carpet looks to date... along with a few others that made my my heart skip/ jaw drop.But I felt like for the most part, the gowns were conventional and dare I say...run of the mill. I think the whole point of the Met's COSTUME INSTITUTE Gala, is to umm...wear a costume! You don't have to dress up like Beetle Juice, but there's no better affair at which to take a risk and go all out. So this year, I had high hopes for more ostentatious looks ESPECIALLY being that it was in honor of Alexander McQueen. I expected more avant garde DRAMA, DRAMA. DRAMA!

While there were some over-the-top looks, nothing really blew me away. Except for a couple of pictures that were so bad I choked on my Diet Coke. Why do some people, who shall remain nameless (not that remaining nameless on my blog matters because I'm about to post a picture of thier face) insist on time and time again making fashion FUGLY?

Just like when hearing someone has good news and bad news, we choose to hear the bad first so that the good can come later and buffer the pain...I am going to start with the busted and end with the MUSTed. Sorry, I know "musted" isn't a real word, and doesn't even work in that sentence but I reeeeally wanted it to rhyme.


Alrighty then. Here are my Top 5, "Ew girl, no." looks:










Awful right? No? You disagree? Okay, then we probably wouldn't get along. JKJKJK, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I respect that every person interprets it in their own unique way. OR maybe you need to make a trip to your local Lens Crafters.


Next on the docket: My TOP 10 Favorites DRESSES (I capitalized "dresses" because I don't necessarily love the entire look or the person, but the gown made me do a double-take, maybe triple.):

p.s. I think this is the first time in my life that I have ever loved or even liked an Olsen outfit, ironically this was my favorite of the whole night. I have no clue which Michelle Tanner is which, but this one looks stunning. Uncle Jesse would be so proud!











So, I wasn't crazy about the dresses on the girls below- but their hair and makeup were flawless.


And although I think the following dresses were a tad "safe," for this particular event- they are still beautiful simple solids.












Okay kids- whooo's ready for arts and crafts?? It's time for you to be subjected to my Microsoft Paint copy and pasting pictures! Like I mentioned earlier, I loved some of the dresses, but not the complete look because the hair and makeup didn't work and vice versa. So I've Frankensteined some people together for what I would consider, a match made in heaven.

Julianne Hough's head on Solange Knowles' body.


Ashley Greene's head on Liv Tyler's body.


Jennifer Hudson's head on Cassie's body.



Blake Lively's head on LeeLee Sobieski's body.



Leighton Meester's head on Mia Wasikowska's body


A little creepy I know, but now I can get a good night sleep knowing everyone looks a little less jacked up. Sweet dreams...




"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! Love looking at all the pretty dresses!
    I found your blog from "My switch to scrubs"
    Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? Yayy thank you! I'm very flattered!

    ReplyDelete