The Price is Right.

June 10, 2011

I have very vivid memories of being at my Nana's house as a child when my parents were on vacation. One of my favorites was watching the Price is Right. She would make me a turkey sandwich with Miracle Whip and let me put my play-sized table and chair on top of her sofa so I could have the perfect view of Bob Barker and all of his "Beauties."
 I can just hear old Bobby now- "Come on down, you're the next contestant in my class-action sexual harassment lawsuit!" Oh to be young and naive again. I was blinded by all of the Plinko and matching bedroom sets. I couldn't see that the price was the only thing right on that show. Like, why was there only ONE black girl?? Anyway... nowadays (with some rare exceptions) I will only buy things if the price is right. However, more often than not- it isn't. The fit is flattering, the color is perfect, the cut is too cute, but the price is all kinds of wrong. $790 for a dang romper- get outta here.Thankfully there are stores like Forever 21 and H&M where things are SO CHEAP you could by them with your couch change alone. All of these things make me want to head to a Coinstar right now!
Forever 21 Jewelry and Accessories $1.50 - $6.80
Forever 21 Lip Gloss $1.50
Forever 21 Nail Polish $2.80
I may or may not have all of these.
Forever 21 "Fabulous Finds" $1.50 - $6.50
H&M Jewelry and Accessories $1.61- $8.14
H&M Bathing Suit Separates $6.51-$8.19
H&M Assorted clothes $5.69- $12.21


"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." - Derek Bok

No comments:

Post a Comment