Lip Service

July 20, 2011

A couple weeks ago, I went to Wal-Mart to get some Swiffer pads and a new blender. But hellllllooo, found myself in the cosmetics "department"- which just so happens to be conveniently located next to the cat food and fish tanks. I say "conveniently,"not because the proximity is convenient for my shopping needs(Lawd knows I don't have a damn cat) but because the repugnant smells of Fancy Feast ensure that I won't dilly dally too long among the fake eyelashes and glitter shadows. I have an extremely heightened sense of smell and if something is funky I start to taste it in my mouth and gag. So, I did a quick walk through the makeup lane, giving each brand a once-over, and at the very last display (easy, breezy, beautiful Cover Girl) something new and enchanting caught my eye.

The new Lip Perfection packaging looked so sleek and pretty with the purpley chrome tube and the swatches of color on the bottom that I had to stop. Even if it meant braving another moment of the kitty litter. One shade in particular called "Euphoria" stood out the most.
I recently blogged about my new infatuation with this top I ordered and how I envisioned it with a deep lip.
I didn't even have to think about whether or not I should buy it. So I ran home to try it on.
Bummer, dude. While it is definitely a little darker than this picture conveys, it's not as Morticia Adams as I was hoping. So on my latest trip to the Target, I picked up a nearly black Wet n Wild lipstick to mix it with.
Muuuuch better!
Next time I will brush my hair! Probably not though.
If everything pans out the way I am hoping and my whole imagined look comes into fruition, there will be a day in my near future when I will resemble this:
Except 20 lbs heavier and with full arms-maybe even hands if I'm lucky!

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. "- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment