Jessica Rabbit

July 22, 2011

Hmm, then maybe I don't wear red very much because I seldom doubt my outfit. Or maybe I'm just lacking a "duh" closet staple. I only own two solid red items, one is a pair of cherry skinny jeans and the other is this dress I got last year for the holidays but refused to let the pictures surface (upload to Facebook) because I was paler than Anne Hathaway's left armpit.

I know everyone swears by an LBD, but as I've mentioned before, I almost never wear black. Because honestly, if I were to enter a social gathering, the last girl I'd notice would be one in a black dress. Unless she had like green hair or something. Sorry. An LRD (not a term) on the other hand, makes a statement. It says- "I've graduated from pink. I am strong, I am invincible, I am WOMAAAAN, womaaAAaan." Seriously though, what's more va-va-voom for cocktails and a Saturday night dinner date than a lipstick red dress with sky high heels and a sparkly clutch? I actually don't know, because I've never worn head to toe red on a date. But I would like to. It's time to channel my inner Jessica Rabbit, in one of these.
TFNC Frill Sleeve Dress $77.58, ASOS Body Con Dress $ 51.72, TED BAKER Dress $132.74
And for a more casual occasion like a luncheon or even work,
ASOS Knot Dress $86.20, ASOS Tulip Dress $68.96
I just love this last one. It's the absolute perfect shade. I can think of a million ways to wear it. With/ without a thin belt at the waist, or dressed up with heels and with tons of jewelry, or dressed down with a simple fedora, sandals, and shades. 
ARTH Fedora $60, TOPSHOP Sunglasses, HENRI BENDEL Bow Bracelets $128, HENRI BENDEL Rock n Rolla Bracelet $68, ASOS Hor Bracelet, TORY BURCH Mclane Mini Bag $365, ASOS Sandals $60.34
CORALIA LEETS Earrings, HENRI BENDEL Rock n Rolla Bracelet, HOUSE OF HARLOW Leopard Clutch $255, JEFFREY CAMPBELL Booties $168
In my quest for tonight's topic, I came across some very similar "splurge vs. steal" finds. I actually think the less expensive ones are prettier, so keep the change ya filthy animal. 
MOSCHINO Heart Print Dress $750 vs DAHLIA Heart Print Dress$106.88
ASOS Shift $60.34 vs. PREEN Shift $1,110
Now, let's go paint the town purple!


 "Transformation is a present activity, not a future event." -Jillian Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment