PIN the Tail on the Donkey.

August 18, 2011

I'm the donkey jack a$$, because ONCE AG-AIN I was stupid enough to tap into a whole nother world of online distractions that I 390% didn't need- PINTEREST.
I've known about it for a while now, and every so often I would venture to the homepage just to see if anything caught my eye, but it was all a little too A.D.D for my A.D.D. And something about taking other people's pictures just rubbed me the wrong way, so I was able to refrain from clicking on anything or typing in the search box. Because there would go my entire Saturday afternoon. Don't all social media outlets start just as innocently? Take the mother of all soul-suckers for example: Facebook- first you join to see what's up, then you get some friends, you upload some pics, and BOOM! The next thing you know, you're looking at what some Canadian girl named Pepper wore to her cousins Bat Mitzvah in Vancouver last July! No? That's never happened to you? Yeah, uh...me either. But still, I knew where the path was headed if I were to create an account. But in true Bethany fashion- I ignored the shred of self-restraint I have and made one. I guess the next thing I search for online should be a lifetime supply of Aspercreme since I'm about to have carpal tunnel like nobody's biznass.

Okay, okay- so Pinny town isn't all bad. It's actually not bad at all- it freaking rocks. And here are some of my "repinned" pictures to prove it:
The motherload for two of my all time heart-melters:
via
TURQUOISE AND CHANDELIERS!
Dreamy locales:
via
via
An abundance of recipes for my drinks of choice:
via
SANGRIA
via
MARGS MARGS BABY
 Limitless things to Crunch and Munch:
via
via
FRIED GOAT CHEESE- heaven help meh.
 And things you'd see in your dreams:
(unless you're like me and have recurring nightmares about being mugged by a bag pipe player on Christmas eve)
via
But how healthy can an internet-based relationship be if it's all take-take-take and no give? I decided to contribute a sizable amount of collages from my blog and some other pictures from my computer and was super stoked when some girls "liked" them! I'm very easily flattered. I'll respond to almost any landscaper's cat call.jkjkjk....kinda.
I will do my best not to blog about things I find on this website- because how fair is that? You might as well read the blogs that the pictures originated from! However, if you have Pinterest- follow me (bethany_diffey) and we can be friends or however it works. If I'm gonna waste half my life looking at other people's lives on the computer- I'm gonna drag you down with me!

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."  -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment